Thursday, June 19, 2008

Heel Stuff


So, my frellin' battle with plantar fasciitis continues. After months of trying different shoe inserts, I finally found one that lets me be comfortably on my feet for more than a couple of hours & lets me walk more than half a mile without pain.

Picture me weeping with near joy. It's not as good as an orgasm or a good book but it's still darned good. Being mostly off my feet the last few months because of the pain from this has really been a drag and interfered with my exercise routines... where I could walk 2-4 miles a day comfortably, I've barely been able to manage .5 to 1 mile a day. Thus I've also gained back some of the weight I was losing too. 'Tis one of the insults of being middle aged. The mind says "Ah, you are but a youngster!" The body betrays the mind. Sigh.

I also am getting a decent brand new night splint that I got off eBay for less than half the price I could find anywhere else. $30.00 including shipping was a lot cheaper than 49.99, 59.99 or 69.99 PLUS shipping for similar splints in health care/rehab catalogs.. The pic is of the same splint I'm expecting. I reckon I'll have to wear it while sleeping for about 6 weeks. Charming.

No comments: