Sunday, November 02, 2008

It's Really THAT Important:

I've been thinking about how important voting is to our citizens and ran across this story about the efforts some people will make while other folks just skip voting altogether. Clearly if these people will make that kind of effort, then I say voting really is THAT important.

From the Associated Press:

"NYC couple travels 9,300 miles from India to vote

Nov 1, 3:05 PM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) - A New York City couple has traveled halfway around the world in the name of civic duty.

Susan Scott-Ker and her husband arrived in New York on Wednesday after flying 9,300 miles to vote in Tuesday's presidential election. They have been working India but decided to return to New York when their absentee ballots failed to arrive. Their trip began in Bangalore with stopovers in New Delhi and Chicago.

It will be their first time voting in a presidential election. The New Zealand-born Scott-Ker and her Morroco-born husband became American citizens a year ago.

They estimate the trip will cost $5,000.""

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Morgan!!!

I will post your tattoo body art on Tuesday and would like to know your favorite sond and artist. I will link your blog on my post and the crone tattoo post you have will be the link. I like it!!!

If anyone is willing to travel as far as these peeps have can you imagine the outcome on Tuesday??

I try to keep politics out of my blog cuz it can get really deep with me... So I am glad you can on yours.... =)

I hope you are well and thanks for being sweet and nice to me.