Friday, October 03, 2008

Crone Tattoo

I finally got my 'crone' tattoo this week. Back in August, several women and I were 'croned' in a ceremony at Enchanted Mountain Gathering. Our little group had talked about us getting a triple goddess tattoo - symbolized by the waxing, full and waning moons. So far, three or four of us have had them done. Mine is on my left shoulder.

I deviated a bit...while sticking with the triple goddess moon motif, mine was embellished with a wave symbolizing endurance and three stars - red, green and blue white to symbolize my parents and kid brother who have passed away over the years. I have 4 sisters still alive and hope not to add stars for them for many long years to come.

The tattoo artist was named John and he works at Downtown Ink in Albuquerque.

No comments: