What major events do you think shaped your life? I think of major events as something that happened that made you stop and say "WOW! This is good! important! mind-bending! heavy! sad!" and so on. You know - the kind of stuff that led to you growing up in the world and made you conscious of what was going on around you.
Some of my life events were:
- The Kennedy-Nixon race.
- Learning to read -absolutely life altering.
- The Cuban Missile Crisis.
- My father's death 7/23/63.
- The Space Race.
- The 60s.
- Being a "baby-hip" and getting into the arts, hanging out with writers and painters, as well as bikers, hippies, and other assorted social misfits.
- Discovering writers like Khalil Gibran, Herman Hesse, Constanting P. Cavafy, Ursala K. LeGuin, Robert Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, Isaac Bashevis Singer, Thomas Merton, and many others.
- My Mom becoming sober in A.A. starting in 1972.
- Joining and serving in the Air Force from 1973 to 1979.
- Getting married while in the Air Force and separated by 1979.
- Going to college and getting divorced.
- Graduating college.
- Marrying my beloved 2nd husband.
- My Mom's death - still sober after all those years.
- Opening our marriage after 20 years together.